Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

            When I first got engaged I remember people asking if I got along well with Cami’s family. They would say “Remember, you don’t just marry the girl, you marry the family.” We’ve all seen movies that depict the in-laws as the eccentric family that implodes at every family reunion. The reality is we’ve all got a few inappropriate and obnoxious family members woven into the branches of the tree, but I have been blessed with in-laws that would give anything to make sure Cami and I are taken care of. How many people can say that they would choose to spend time with their brother-in-laws on a regular basis? How many people enjoy heading to the in-laws house for dinner and pinochle? Cami’s family welcomed me in and made me one of their own and for that I am blessed!
Yesterday we got to spend Mother’s Day together. We ate brunch at Izzy’z and then headed to mom and dad hurt’s place to relax with the family. It just so happened Cami’s grandma was with us, so we took the opportunity to get some shots that include 4 generations of family. It’s pretty cool to think about all of the history that runs through that many years of life. We are humbled by the wisdom the older generations bring and invigorated by the energy and innovation our kids exude. If Cami, Asher and I lost everything tomorrow we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that our families would rally for our support. Not everyone can say that, and it is a blessing for which we are grateful!


No comments:

Post a Comment