Sunday, May 15, 2011

Grant Torgerson ~ Senior Rep

     Rod Steiger was an American actor who died in 2002 from complications of pneumonia. He filmed over 100 movies during his career yet most of his hits came in the late 60s and early 70s. If you’re a movie buff you’ll recognize titles like In the Heat of the Night, Dr. Zhivago, On the Water Front and The Harder They Fall. Steiger went on a journey of self awareness throughout his movie career and somewhere along the line was quoted as saying “The most important thing is to be whatever you are without shame.” If I was looking for a single sentence that communicates who Grant is, this would be it. If I were still in high school (thank the Lord I’m not!) I would want to be friends with Grant. The guy simply knows who he is and passes on the good vibes to everyone he comes in contact with.
     He’s a part of the student council at Oregon City High School and yesterday all of next year’s seniors were “kidnapped” and taken out to breakfast…at 6:30 in the morning! They were required to wear whatever the kidnappers brought as a costume. Grant had the unfortunate experience of having to wear a tiger-print singlet. Now, I wasn’t in attendance to see this glorious event but I was told that it was quite hilarious. Grant sat through breakfast, zipped up in a singlet, sweating like a madman and growling in response to any questions posed to him. Cami couldn’t stop laughing while she told me the story. I tried to convince Grant to wear the tiger suit for his pictures, but he respectfully declined. The images below are what we have to settle for…I’m disappointed I didn’t get to see the tiger, but I think the pictures turned out successfully none the less.



No comments:

Post a Comment