Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Newborn Shoot



     As fall settles in on the Pacific Northwest I am reminded why I never want to leave Oregon. The Willamette Valley is beautiful any time of year but when the leaves begin to change color a long drive through the hills can recharge the soul. Oranges, reds, yellows and greens are splashed across an endless canvas and can’t help but remind us of the intricacies of the world in which we live. The cycle of the seasons speak of a deeper cycle that is embedded in the very fabric of our lives. Each of us have experienced times of exhilaration, excitement and growth in life and, on the flip side, have walked through times of sadness, challenge and even death. This dance of life, death and rebirth was playing out in my mind as I grabbed a cup of coffee and headed to meet our friends for their newborn shoot. It only seems fitting that as the world outside is heading for a time of dormancy the they are experiencing the joy and energy of new life.
     From the moment I walked in the front door I could feel the paradox of peace and electricity. My friends had such a glow about them as they introduced me to the newest member of their family and even he seemed excited for his big shoot. Over the next couple of hours we posed, positioned, chatted and laughed and the joy was simply infectious. While I know this family will have their hands full with two little boys in the house I also know they wouldn’t trade it for the world. Thanks so much for sharing such an amazing time of your lives with me, and blessings to you as you enjoy the wonder that only new life can bring!










No comments:

Post a Comment